Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October

 


The girls and I went to Deal's Orchard by Jefferson on Sunday.

 
 

We went for a wagon ride..... beautiful Percherons
 





I tried to get them to put their ears up for the photo.  Typical mules.
I asked their owner what exactly they were, and he said, "Their mama
 was a Belgian mare, and their Daddy was a travelin' man."


 



There's something about an old oak tree.  Don't you think?



 
 
 

We didn't buy pumpkins at Deal's...... not when you
can buy them from our neighbor for $2!



 

Can you believe it?

 
 



I love gourds.

















 
I love October.





This guy was on the road on our way there.
 I tried to get him off the road by throwing a rock at him.
 He didn't even flinch, so I thought he was dead......
 until we came home a few minutes later and he was gone! 
So now that I know he was alive I wish I hadn't got so close.




This is what we did with some of our pumpkins and gourds. 
These days our house has more sparkles than Taylor Swift.
















1 comment:

  1. Love the sparkly pumpkins!! Glad that you ladies had a good day, other than the whole snake thing!

    ReplyDelete